Keeping your business free from fraud
There’s one area of business where everyone should be risk averse: fraud.
Digitisation has created huge opportunities for business, but also for criminals. We know you can’t afford even the slightest loss, and that’s why it is important for us all to maintain vigilance against fraud. Know the threats and what you can do to keep your business safe.
Short for ‘malicious software,’ malware is installed in your computer or mobile device without your knowledge or approval, to facilitate financial crime.
Once installed, malware enables criminals to carry out a variety of illegal activities such as:
- Spy on your online activities.
- Misuse your personal information, confidential company information or intellectual property.
- Steal your system credentials to take over your email account.
- Intercept your emails.
- Hijack your system for a ransom.
- Infect other systems and computers in the network.
- Create or amend payment details.
To prevent malware infection:
- Install anti-malware software and ensure it is always up-to-date.
- Connect only to secured or trusted Wi-Fi networks when in public places such as airports.
- Don’t click on suspicious emails or links from unknown senders. These could be phishing.
- Hover your mouse over the email address to see the host URL address.
- Keep your software up-to-date with the latest security patches.
Good fraud prevention practices
Apply these tips to strengthen fraud protection on your Corporate Account.